Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spiritual Food


We had to take this week off, due to illness. I started running a fever on Friday morning. On Saturday, my husband took me to urgent care in Claremont, where I was diagnosed with a respiratory infection. I was given antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. Although my lungs are still congested, I'm feeling much better.


Since we had the week off, I thought I would try "McCafe" with my son. I got an iced mocha that was very good. We decided to enjoy them at home, since we were in a hurry. I would get them again, as long as I had someplace else to drink them.


I have been thinking about all the things we put in our bodies and how careful we sometimes are about food and drink. We also need to be concerned about spiritual nourishment. Modern culture is saturated with unhealthy spiritual food. It does not make for a smooth highway for God into our souls. We let ourselves be bombarded by the media to adapt to the ways of the world. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Phil 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment