Saturday, May 2, 2009

Came to Believe


Hi I am Christina, i am the baby of the group, well actually Ryder is the baby of the group, but out of the ladies i am the youngest. My relationship with God i believe is still fresh in my life. I always believed in God, i just never understood how he could help me, or apply him to my life. I always thought he was only here for "holy" people. Most of my teens and young adult life i was lost and walked away from God. Many times i could remember even feeling angry with him, i would think "how could He have dealt me with such cards in my life?" I have walked in some pretty dark places in my life and despite what choices i made i can see now that God has always Loved me. I came to believe about three years ago, I saw hope and that was all i needed to get the fire inside my heart to ignite.
About two months ago i was baptized at ccv. My husband and i were baptized on the same day. We accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Died in our old life and raised into new life with Christ. HUGE!!! for someone like me who doubted so much. I desired a relationship with Christ so i decided to attend Bible studies and i was lite on fire to find so much truth and wisdom and love in the Bible, there is even some drama in there. Here is were i met Shawna and Janet, and after the Beth Moore study on Daniel we decide to do a Coffee tour with or new study on Phillipians and Collossians.
I am learning a lot with these studies and i trudge on so that i may grow and have a closer relationship with our king Jesus. I love our group! And the coffee is the added bonus. This group helps me stay accountable and it helps me grow in faith so that i may come full circle and freely give what has been freely given to me. God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment